RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sunglasses
Thread: Sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 10:02 AM
stmcknig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sunglasses

I bought the Zurichs after seeing some fellow fliers recommend them and the information on the website looked good. I was disappointed with the overall quality feel when they arrived though - they felt like a cheap $5 pair from the local Big Lots. Cheap though they weren't. Further problems in less than a year; failure with the temples due to the design flaw on the hinges which stresses the plastic, cracks it and ultimately makes it fall apart. I had the same happen to both temples and as with most of the other comments here I was doing nothing more than regular use, once a week for about nine months. So that's not even daily use......

I emailed their customer support, sent photos of the damage and indicated that it looked like a plastic problem. They replied back that they would happily replace them once I sent them $4.95 for shipping.

What?

It's a frickkin design problem and you're trying to scam me on the postage? These things would mail for under a buck and probably cost 50 cents. I emailed back to query this policy as a first time failure but received no reply at all.

Most other companies are honest enough to put their hand in the air on a design flaw (at least on the first enquiry/failure) and do the right thing.

I've consigned these to the As Seen on TV category and found a sturdier alternative. In their present form, I can't recommend them.

Caveat Emptor.