RCU Forums - View Single Post - hpi SAVAGE FLUX ESC CATCHES FIRE out of box
Old 02-25-2009, 12:24 AM
spiftacu1ar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hpi SAVAGE FLUX ESC CATCHES FIRE out of box

I did a brushless conversion on an XL (actrually flm ext TVP, but close enough). DOn't see why its so unbelievable. THe price of the savage flux is cheaper than any other savage RTR plus the cost of Mamba MOnster 2200kv combo (flux is $600, X is $400 at least, mamba combo is at least $250, 400 + 250 = 650. $600<$650). Maybe he did not use the stock flux motor mount. Its really not that hard to fabricate a motor mount out of an L bracket like TEX did. Just limits the gearing a bit. Still fine if you use a 47t spur. Whether the warranty stands if you do this is another story. Im pretty sure they will still warranty the ESC/Speed control though, as it is not affected by other mods to the vehicle. Proly not much different then castle warranty.

If he claims to use stock motor mount, however, it would be rather hard to believe. I din't reaqd anythign where he said he did though. I'm gonna give home benefit of the doubt until he actually claims something outlandish.

Also, not using the flux mounts explains the $200 price point on conversion. It's easy to spend $200 on making a custom set up like that.

EDIT: twomanytoys has a good point though. Maybe he built it up before ever runnign it? I dunno, just possibilities. I'm jsut saying, its not very nice to rag on someone who didn't make the specific claims you assumed he was. He obviously does not have the vehicle on him to take pics (he says he sent it to HPI)