RCU Forums - View Single Post - New AMA class racer Indoor pylon
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Arch Adamisin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New AMA class racer Indoor pylon

Hi again,
We just came home from our first night flying the lil quickie indoors. I have good news and bad news. The good news is the model flies great, the bad news is IT'S TOO FREAKING FAST!!!! A full lap around the gym in less than 3 seconds, at half throttle. It looked pretty quick when we were flying it outside, but there was nothing to avoid or guage the speed. I guess a 3.5 ounce model with 6 ounces of thrust is just too much for a small facility. I just ordered two new motors with half the power of the one we're using as well as new much lighter props in an effort to better control the speed. Inside the building it's just so fast that there is no time to react, even at half throttle. In a large golf or soccer dome, it would be an absolute blast. It's just way too much for the small gym. It flies so well that as soon as we get the speed right, it will be just like real racing, a pleasure to fly. The new motors and props should be here by Wednesday so we should be able to go out again next Friday.

Just thought I'd let you know, Arch