RCU Forums - View Single Post - WHICH TRUGGY TO GET
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
bubble27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHICH TRUGGY TO GET

ORIGINAL: nugsy

I'm looking to buy one soon being doing alot of reserch cant decide which truggy to get. i want the fastest toughest one out there money is not a concern will be using it for bashing but want it to be quick and have ok handling. aslo are all the brands made in china or are some made in japan and usa

Hey Ozzy lol

im fairly new to this sport and totally understand you.
the only thing that you didnt keep in mind is the centre of gravity (CG)

now i had a jato as a 1st car.....super fast! seriously....too fast for its handling ability.
thought it was the s!ht until i figured out that all is does it go fast.
so speed runs up and down and thats it (nice rc car though...just not for me)
well even with this..it was traction rolling until i set it up, which is very annoying.

So keep in mind!
if your going for open field etc. the MT (savage i assume, very high CG) would be much more prone to rolling over
so that means you gotta run after it!
while truggies kinda handle much better..theres no wheelies tho.

My big dilema was is traxxas a money pit or not?

cause the ultimate rc car out there for me seems to be the revo.
its a MT but the closest thing to a truggy in CG. well so i think....not sure about those muggified LSTs.

Anyways...conclusion!
if you want speed, drifts and ramps, get a 2speed truggy (ST-1 has 2speed option, kyosho ST can be modded, so can hotbodies lightning stadium)
if you want to jump and do backflips....well the MT i guess.

ORIGINAL: supertib

The RC8 and RC8T are not known to be the most durable platforms....they are amazing performers but the toughness is not there.....

You Europeans do not have many jumps on your tracks, you should see the jumps at some of our tracks, huge massive air...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...71958072&hl=en

OK ok....this hobby is bigger in the states but it doesnt mean europe doesnt have any jumps! lol.
i once saw this exhibition of kyosho....they were ramping very very high and going WOT so the buggies were doing backflips lol.

anyways....[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd_nJLPa-CY]THIS IS A MUST SEE RC CAR GETTING SOME MAJOR AIR[/link]

its a friggin buggy aswell!

dont forget it also comes down to dumb luck if your rc car brakes on a jump aswell lol
not only how much cash its got on it.