RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Somenized (TM) 69", Yak-54
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 PM
HoverLoW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Somenized (TM) 69", Yak-54

Guys, I thought we were talking here about a Somenzini kit with the same quality we should expect of this name.

I am so piss off right now and I not even finished the elevator of this plane.

Dude, first of all, this guy is a freaking 3D beast. One of the best pilots of the world (I am a personal fan) and it is something that he uses to sell his kits. So, how could he develop that f***ing elevator system??? Ok, it's much better to use one servo than two. We save some weight and some bucks too. BUT this kit should have a tail cut big enough to make the carbon tube run through without touch anywhere giving us enough 3D rates.

Mine is bad, giving me less rates than I would expect from a QQ kit. I saw a dude complaning the same some posts ago and so Reza said: Just sand it!! Just sand it??? C'mon!! I paid for this kit 2 times the price of a Showtime here in Brazil and I don't want to sand anything here. Not because I simply don't want to do, but because this will ruin my really expensive airplane!!!! But what could I do? So I did!! But was not easy as "just sand it". That thing is made of plywood. I had to use my Dreamel do "sand it". The result: I couldn't make the same turning cut top and bottom. Thank God I could make the both fuse side looking almost the same, but for me this thing is ugly now. Now I have some 3D rates, but my plane have now I retard clown smile in the as*. (pics).

The elevators carbon tube joint seems to be too short to be there. Even marking its center, I can feel with my hands that its is getting its place inside the elevators just a little bit. We can feel that the elevator hole is not a tube where the carbon is stuck since the beginning. The most part of the way the carbon is "floating" there and to put it the same in each elevator I can feel it gets in place just a little bit. But I don't want to think about that. I will glue it (with epoxy) and fly. God save me.

Ok, I could live with that. But when I was gluing the H stab, I couldn't believe the manual saying to do it with CA. A 3D plane with a H stab glued by CA???? And the H stab doesn't have any "table" or something to hold it. Just some balsa and the fuse plywood holds it on its place.

So, of course I had to replace the CA for some strong epoxy. BUT (another but), the fuse hole where the stab should be in is much more bigger than the H stab profile. There's just some few points where the H stab really touch the fuse (its top and its front). The rest is just a big and empity hole with nothing. I had to make a mix of epoxy and microbaloons to fill this holes (pics).

Oh, and to make my day complete, they sent me a broken hinge. Now, I am very far from them and I can expect (and I don't want to wait) they sending me ONE replacement hinge. I will have to get a complete package of Dubro giant hines just to take one to my Yak.

And W*F I am saying this?? They are gonna out of business anyway, so I don't believe they will care about me right now.

Just to remember. I barely have my assembly started. I just made the four firsts steps of the manual and I got problem with all of them... I am really scary about finish this plane...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35365.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1148925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71944.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1148926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80651.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	26.5 KB