RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hirobo Shuttle Identification - ZX/ZXX or ??
Old 03-04-2009, 07:34 PM
glydrjocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo Shuttle Identification - ZX/ZXX or ??

ZX with non standard main fuel tank and servo tray mods..........

Someone did a major tank modification to the main tank on your Shuttle ZX. pitch servo and throttle servo are normally stacked on top of eachother. this limits room for the tank. The ZX has a smaller main tank than the ZXX or Shuttle Plus. In fact you can see that the servo mount tray has been cut back to only one servo and the throttle servo has been moved to the front of the servo tray support. I've never seen this configuration before but any extra fuel is a welcome thing in a Shuttle.

Was this an aftermarket servo relocation kit or did someone actually put it together themselves? Either way its an interesting solution to a typical Shuttle fuel capacity problem.

I'd also get rid of that non standard header tank on the side and replace it with a nice 2oz. Hayes tank with the clean aluminum bracket. Much cleaner installation and a little lower profile set up.

I just looked at the head linkages in the picture, especially the linkages that have the factory "bends" in them. I had the same ones on my Shuttle ZX and after my first crash I ended up replacing the upper mixing arms, the seesaw, and those bent links/clevises with Shuttle Plus parts as the original ZX hardware is hard to come by.

Photo shows original small ZX main tank and second photo shows the header tank placement. I just drilled a hole in the rear frame leg and attached the header tank bracket (homemade bracket in this photo) with a 3mm screw and self locking nut. through an aluminum spacer to give frame clearance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86397.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1150432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46805.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1150433