RCU Forums - View Single Post - HL Jagdpanther Suspension - Found the problem, Now to find a cure.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:36 PM
SteelFist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HL Jagdpanther Suspension - Found the problem, Now to find a cure.

ORIGINAL: gorehound

Well I just went for it and redrilled the holes for the spring location points. I did them about a third of the way back round from the original hole and then remounted everything. Hey Presto, my Jagdpanther is not limp any more even with a set of Impact tracks fitted and these things are heavy.

Also greased up all the wheel spindles as they look like they will wear quickly without grease. I may look at fitting bearings or bushes later but want to get on with some other areas first. Next up will be looking to see if I can correct the lower front hull angle but with the standard gearboxes this will not be possible. The boxes themselves are OK but the final drive has a large cog and that protrudes quite a bit. I will see what the other HL boxes look like but do not want to go to the expense of Tam ones, especially when I am already fitting a DMD and MF unit from one of my old Tigers. If I spend too much more I may as well have gone for the Tam one in the first place.

cheers
Gorehound
Any chance of posting some pics of where you re- drilled the spring location points.