RCU Forums - View Single Post - I have a damaged MONO HUll that i need to repair the fiberglass from the inside.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Rocket-J
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I have a damaged MONO HUll that i need to repair the fiberglass from the inside.

ORIGINAL: Javier16

yeah thanks for the help
i dont think so . but i worst i would need a new hull
so the only posible way would be to cut were it is seemed to the hull??
First clean the hull inside and out. Then use acetone or laquer thinner to make sure there is no oil anyplace. If you can get your hand inside the hull, lay wide masking tape inside the cracked area. Push it down real tight and try to shape the hull as close as possible to the correct shape. Push in on all bumps. A little too far in is better than sticking out. Now gind off any spot that is sticking out from it's original shape. Make sure all paint is removed before you add any fiberglass to any area. Add more masking tape inside, if you have to. Now put one or two layers of the finest weave fiberglass cloth that you can find. As soon as it is dry enough to touch, remove the tape from the inside. If there is more than one damaged area, do only one area at a time.
Now you have a hull with its basic shape that can be repaired from the out side. Here is where you become and artist. Only apply one or two layers of cloth at a time. Then grind and sand it down to shape. Repeat until it looks like you want it. Have fun.