RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just dropped ~$1750 on a Flux! *PICS*
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:54 AM
usmc_VTOL_mech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just dropped ~$1200 on a Flux

2fast4u
I see...yes the power supply gets it's power from the wallplug
Lipo's are easy....just charge according to cell count and amp rate is done by looking at capacity of the battery
if it's a 4000 Mah battery charge at 4 amps........5000 Mah battery is charged at 5 amps.....6500 Mah battery is charged at 6.5 amps......easy huh?
Just make sure you charge it as a 3 cell if it's a 3 cell and 2 cell if it's a 2 cell.....charge a 2 cell as a 3 cell and you can have a fire rather quickly
It's gonna take awhile for your batts to charge as I see the charger you ordered is limited on the amps it can supply
2.5 amp limit on that charger is gonna take twice as long to charge your packs....roughly 2 hours for 5000 Mah packs
once you get a system going and you become familiar with your batteries I would run on a timer.....
Say you get 30 minutes on a single charge...well just run for 20 minutes instead makeing life easier on your batteries and not taking forever to recharge
the flux is an awesome machine with instant power and torque...it's lots of fun but with all that power it comes at a price.....
the truck needs to be looked over carefully after each run and special attention needs to be paid to the slipper, transmission and diffs to make sure everything stays working properly.