RCU Forums - View Single Post - Born-again beginner car?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Born-again beginner car?

ORIGINAL: GlassBullet

i also am interested in a truggy/stadium truck (are they the same thing?). But i still want to stick with the 1/10 scale. i don't want to get into any real racing and i just like the convenience and size alot more
Definitely, dont go with 10th scale off-road. As everyone already said before me, it is a dead class.

8th scale is the way to go, buggy or truggy. If you want a really great buggy or truggy, look at the Mugen MBX-5 (buggy version) and the MBX-5T (truggy). The reason why I mention the -5 instead of the -6 is because the -6 will cost MUCHO bucks where the -5 is being sold much cheaper than it used to be. (Everyone wants the -6 and are either selling off their -5's and the retailers are trying to move their existing stock of -5's to make room for the -6).

For a MBX-5T kit, I have heard of guys being able to socre one for as little as $250. (Of course, you haev to supply an engine and radio gear and servos, but considering the -5 used to cost like just under $600 at one time, $250 for the kit is great, still much less than teh newer -6).
Moreover, being Mugen, you will define see the difference between HSP and Mugen (Mugen being race grade where HSP, like Exceeds, are only cheap cheap beginner RCs).

Dont let your poor experience with Exceed ruin your RC experience, Exceed has to be the poorest HSP reseller (Even Himoto and Redcat will tell you this). If you dont believe me, look at the Exceed forum here in RCU and you can see that. The one good Exceed guy who actually helped the customers has gone AWOL (terrible, really, he probably was the best thing to happen to Exceed).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_69..._8/key_/tm.htm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8563001/tm.htm