RCU Forums - View Single Post - New JetJoe J-Junior 4lbs turbine
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 09:51 AM
dw_crash
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New JetJoe J-Junior 4lbs turbine

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

Jet Joe did in FACT receive letters stating they were not "AMA Approved" therefore should not be doing business. Write them and ask for a copy. It was on their site for some time in the news section. No hallucinations, nice of you to post that stranger. Flown with me before?

As for informal flying. There are those of us in some areas of the country that refuse to fly within the formal system. Some of us due to extremely high dues, some due to petty rules to keep the "average Joe" from using their field and so on. Here in this area there's a list as long as my arm why to not fly with them. One of them being the accident rate that actual club members have, and another, having to change all of your clevises to "AMA approved" ones, not the ones that come with the kit, ARF, etc.. I would also like the liberty of flying my extremely fast P-51 at will, within safe parameters of course. I plan to purchase a turbine powered jet before next winter with all confidence, not arrogance of my abilities.

I agree that some form of organization, regardless of the actual location, is warranted. When the person or persons organizing such group makes it nearly impossible for a new prospective member to be a part of a club or group, I'll take the wide open spaces away from everyone else, or fly at a club farther away that is not convenient, but safe, friendly, and conducive to the hobby as many other clubs and sites are.

It just amazes me the number of people willing to so easily attack me, but not willing to look into these kind of things that put our hobby in a bad light. I'm accused of trolling and making things up by a small bunch, all one has to do is a little homework, and see I've done my homework. I don't post things just to post. I post from experience and from research making sure I do not cast a broad net but one just big enough.

Oh well, I don't suppose bringing things to light is within my posting credentials to some as I am only AMA # 830129
CowboyLifeSaver,

Thanks for the information and thoughts. You make several good points. No agruement from me.

DW_Crash