RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1:10 "Blue Streak" Monster Truck & Aflac "Monster Tires" Car
Old 03-28-2009, 02:21 AM
KE4QPF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1:10 "Blue Streak" MAX Electric Truck & 1:10 Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

Posted March 01, 2009 10:11 AM

Sorry, I haven't been too chatty in here lately. I was a victim of a rear-end collision on my way to my birthday party last weekend. My car took a pretty hard hit. Allow me to share the photos. I think you'll be able to figure out which vehicle was mine .

My wife was in the car with me when we were hit. Now, both of us are on Flexoril and Naproxen to relieve the pain. X-Rays showed swelling in the tissues between the discs in our necks from the whiplash. I'm on light duty at work now for 6 weeks just to try to stay off of short-term disability which will only pay me 60% of my salary. I lost one day from work as they needed a medical release before I could return. My wife immediately went back to work as she is a paper pusher doing data entry for an insurance company.

We have to wear these:

for two weeks to take the pressure off of our necks and allow the tissues between the discs to heal. We're not as amused as the old guy in the pic, that's for sure!!! One week down, one week to go on these friggin' things. They make it real hard to look down, turn your head, even drive a car... including R/C.

So, with this setback, I've been using my tax refund to get together the pieces for making the Aflac duck truck in the "Monster Tires" commercial. The body shell should be in tomorrow, and the decals should arrive sometime next week. I figure a week's time will be more than enough for the paint to fully dry.

As for paint, do you guys suggest I go over the shell with a layer of clear coat?

Please let me know.

Also, should the clear coat be applied over the decals to keep them from coming up, or before I apply them because the clear coat might peel them up??? They will be printed on 3M vinyl peel & stick as stated below.

Specs on decals:

I am now making all my decal range in Peel & Stick Vinyl as an option as well as the waterslide decals. In addition I am offering 1/10 and 1/12 scale decals in this Peel & Stick for Radio Control models. Please let me know if you want Peel & Stick decals when you order. I will assume you want waterslide decals unless you ask for the vinyl Peel & Stick. The 1/12 and 1/10 scale Peel and Stick is the default medium.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html
Now as for the cervial collar... I have to ask... does one size fit all if you have a pencilneck???