RCU Forums - View Single Post - Issue of AMA membership revokation.
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Bob Mitchell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Issue of AMA membership revokation.

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R
Well, yes and no. Being stalked, and you would be hard pressed to prove that, is one thing, but come on, this is still all about your and his opinions on topics involving model airplanes.
You are correct that the genesis of the differences has been, at least in part, differences of opinions about AMA and AMA policy. However, it has grown beyond that. The individual in question has chosen to take those differences and mount a campaign to have at least one individuals AMA membership revoked, SOLELY because of what that individual has posted here on this forum. I have direct personal knowledge of this as I was "recruited" to help in the effort. I refused, of course. It is also a fact that this individual has made public personal information about posters which whom he disagrees. Information that the posters were choosing to keep private. I've seen it and I've called him on it more than once.

The opening post in this thread was making a case that perhaps this individual should receive a dose of his own medicine, in having HIS AMA membership revoked. I disagree with that for reasons I've posted previously in this thread

HOWEVER.........this individual is an AMA staffer in District V. It seems to me that such actions are NOT in any way appropriate for an individual in a leadership position within AMA. IMO these actions should either cease immediately, or the individual should be removed from his leadership position. In addition, IF, and I stress IF, this individual has used his position within AMA to gain knowledge of the personal information that he has disclosed about individuals with whom he disagrees, then there is no question in my mind that he should be removed as a District staff member.