RCU Forums - View Single Post - Handley Page Halifax 1/9th scale
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Handley Page Halifax 1/9th scale

Well I had planned to go to a fly-in this past weekend at my favorite airfields and of course it decided to rain all weekend. Now of course its a Monday and perfect weather.. I could not stand it and Seff is about 1 month away and I have to get some flights on this thing... So I put it together and decided to taxi test it. I was worried about the power but after getting all 4 motor running I believe I will have plenty.
The plane is 46 lbs ready to fly. It track well. It will taxi easily at low throttle. I taxied it out to my runway and steered around for a few minutes. It like to turn left better than right . I may have to tight my cables a little on the pull-pull setup. I took it to the far end of the field. I lined it up and advanced the throttle to 50%. the tail bacme very light and the tail was flying in about 15ft. I backed off the throttle before it could lift off. I did this a few more times.
I then took it back to the end of the field and I increasd the power to 3/4 throttle. The tail was up right away and at about 30 feet it was off the ground. I backed off the throttle and let it settle back down. It could have easily been flying. But I always hate to fly a new one alone.
I taxied it back to the house and put it up for the day. I plan on flying it either this comeing weekend or the next.....

Ty