RCU Forums - View Single Post - IRRESISTIBLE SOPWITH CAMEL (don't even think about trying to resist!)
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 AM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IRRESISTIBLE SOPWITH CAMEL (don't even think about trying to resist!)

FINAL REPORT

This report is late as a result of the influence of experiences with too many other planes. It seems I just can't get in enough of the kind of flying I need to feel completely comfortable about making conclusive statements about airplane performance sometimes. After deciding to park the Sopwith Camel on the living room entertainment center to be enjoyed as a piece of aviation and historical art in order to practice with the SPAD it became obvious that I was neglecting to share my conclusions about the Sopwith Camel.

Final tests show that the Sopwith Camel is now fine tuned to fly very much like the SPAD. A little extra prop down trust was added and the ballast that had been installed earlier to the nose was removed.
A small amount of wing tip weight was also added to the left bottom wing tip.

Because the SPAD not only has stronger landing gear struts and lands better with its "America's Ace styled" landing gear (see pictures on page 5 of my CALL TO GLORY web site) it will be my primary WWI flying fighter until I develop better landing skills. If my new "Red Baron" Dr-1 Triplane can be made to fly as well or better than the SPAD it could become my main WWI flying machine with the SPAD being used only as a backup. The Sopwith Camel could then possibly fly only on special occasions like my Spitfire and ducted fan F-15 Eagle do now.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR GOOD FLYING WEATHER!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.