RCU Forums - View Single Post - Picked up used H9 Taylorcraft w/G26 have questions
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Scooter04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picked up used H9 Taylorcraft w/G26 have questions

I guess the trick is to figure out how slow is too slow. Ha! I suppose we do that with every plane and just don't think about it anymore.

The explanations of the velocity stack makes sense. Thanks for the education Zippi & AA5BY. The more I thiought about it, in looking at the cowl, if I do have to add the stack, it looks like it may hit the cowl. Previous owner seems to have the motor mounted off center a little too far. I realize he was compensating for the thrust line and trying to get the nose cone centered . . . but he missed. Not by a lot, but enough to notice. Enough discussion on that subject, if I am back on here crying the thing won't run right, then you can tell me where to get G26parts.

Octanehuffer - What kit or ARf is the little one? Is that an Eflite T-Craft? Also thanks on the tip stall warning. Sounds like everyone agrees on that charateristic. Do you like how it flies? Nice hammerheads and basic aerobatics? Am I gonna get a little vertical with this motor?

AA5BY - I was so stinkin lazy with my cub, I never mixed anything out of it. I'll get into the radio on this one and get her flying nice and polite. I'll also compare the horn on the throttle to one at the LHS and see if it is indeed a 5/32. Your theory on the linkage makes sense. I just had a bad experience with the "Nyrods" or whatever brand came with the sig somethin extra. The weather made the rods change in length and it seemed like I trimmed the thing everytime I went to the field. I changed them all out on that plane. Poor thing has been hanging in the basement for about 4 years.

I pulled the muffler off tonight. I think I could have sneezed and knocked it off. No loctite. Appears to be a Bisson Muffler, because it has the letters B.C.M. on it. It only has one outlet. The ones on Bisson's website for the G26 have two outlets. Maybe they changed them in the past couple of years. Does the muffler make that much of a difference on the G26?

Pulled the motor, and you guessed it, no loctite. I think if this plane was flown it would have vibrated itself apart.

Pulled the gas tank and the two front lower corners were cracked. LHS said that H9 didn't have a direct replacement so I grabbed a Dubro that fit. I'm replacing fuel lines, clunk, etc. How long of flight times with the stock tank? I believe it's 18 ounces.

Picked up some 645MG's and will be changing out the standard servos. Is everyone using the "stick" for the elevator control rod?? I have a similar set up on an Aeroworks Edge and was never fond of it, however, it does seem to work okay. I have a suspicion I should fish this one out of the plane and make sure the rods are attached to the stick properly. Losing elevator control would be exciting.

Thanks again for all the input. Not too many people at the club into high wing planes with Zenoah engines, so this is very helpful. Plus they look at me like I am an alien since I have been flying helicopters for the last few years.[X(]