RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mark's Models 'History' and Welcome Mark
Old 04-18-2009, 04:15 AM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mark's Models 'History' and Welcome Mark

There were 3 Marks Models kits that I've always wanted to build. A Bushwacker, A Scorpion MarkIV, and a Fun Scale P-39.

The Bushwacker has already been mentioned.

The Fun Scale P-39 in .40 size was a companion to the Fun Scale P-51. I've seen a couple of them fly over the years and they were just as fun as the P-51 (at least in my memory). Too bad they were not as popular of a subject as I've never seen another kit anywhere since the days of my youth.

The Scorpion MarkIV was a Goldberg Falcon56 looking shoulder wing. Never saw one built or flown though. I managed to score a kit on Ebay a couple of years ago but it was stolen out of my storage facility before I could build it.

Back in the early 80's, when I was starting my teen years, I was learning to fly R/C on a consistent basis but it was all still out of my own pocket so progress was slow. I would go to the hobby shop and the owner would let me open the boxes and smell the balsa and read the plans. I went around and around in my head on what my next plane would be. The Scorpion or the Bushwacker, the Bushwacker or the Scorpion. And when the day came after all that Bushwacker and Scorpion flying, I'd build a Fun Scale P-39.......

Alas......[&o] none of that came to pass. Other interests (i.e. girls, cars, and dirt bikes) and eventually college interrupted those plans so that when the time came that I was able to build those planes they were long gone. I did manage over the years to build a couple of Wanderers and a Fun Scale "Dawn Patrol" SE-5A.

I've also got a .60 size Fun Scale P-51 under the bed that I'll try to dig out and get some pics of for this thread. However, I think its a Dynaflite era product. Speaking of Dynaflite I've also got a Fun Scale .40 size P-40B Tomahawk squirreled away.

Later,
Mike