RCU Forums - View Single Post - Project bulletproof stampede!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Budget Monty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Project bulletproof stampede!

ORIGINAL: traxxaspede

Budget Montey, not sure if you noticed, but in the first post the RPM bearing carriers were on the list of things I already have. I have no problem with them..I think ive had them about a year now..unless you meant the caster blocks? If you get the skid plates soon, tell me how they are because I might need to get some. I've already broken two rear skid plates...
You said you wanted it bulletproof. I may drive a bit harder than you, I broke 4 RPM rear bearing carriers in 2 days. I had much better luck with the stock ones, but eventually went with Taxxas aluminum ones and have never looked back. My front RPM bearing carriers and caster blocks have never had an issue, they are much stronger than my stock ones. The rear RPM ones are just to thin right around the bearing area. Hear is what I have on my truck:

-RPM front bearing carriers
-RPM front a-arms
-RPM rear a-arms
-RPM castor blocks
-RPM front shock tower
-RPM rear shock tower
-RPM gear cover
-RPM rear bumper mount
-Mamba Max
-Velineon motor

The only beakage I ever see now is the rear a-arm mounts on the transmission (Waiting for my Integy aluminum transmission to fix this), and bending or axles and suspension screw pins (Will be switching to titanium hinge pins soon). I run 12C NiMh very often, and with that comes big crashes!