RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric nooby needs Lipo charger suggestions
Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric nooby needs Lipo charger suggestions

Ok, being new to the electric world basically after 14 years of absence since my last electric vehicle, I need some fresh advice. I've purchased a Savage Flux and im probably gonna go do a 4S Lipo of some kind as everyone is giving me warning flags about doing 6S and trashing the crap outa the truck

That being said, I'd like to charge two batteries at once, but that hyperion dual charger one that peeps keep suggesting is way more then I wanna put down for a charger, plus its not AC ready, which is a MUST HAVE as well as built in balancer.

With that in mind, can you guys please give me suggestions on a good quality charger that I can buy two of that won't break the bank? I know a good charger is a good way to maintain these Lipo's apparently, but i'm not made outa money either. Any brands to particularly avoid? The same for battery brands, which ones should I DEFINENTLY stay away from? Apparently Maxamps is not well liked due to the very high prices.

Please give links to product suggestions or at least FULL names so I can google them. Thanks all!