RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mark's Models 'History' and Welcome Mark
Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 AM
vintagemxr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mark's Models 'History' and Welcome Mark

ORIGINAL: marksmodels

Doug ,vintagemxr, wornboots,
Those pictures of a fool hanging out the front of flying contractption bring back lots of memorys. How I survived I dont know. Thanks.
To the questions on some of the other models. The Scorpion 4 was in fact a type of knock off of the Falcon 56. Carl Goldgerg would stop by the factory almost every year and see what was going on. One year when he showed up we were prepairing shipments and staging them for the truck lines when he walked in. You could see the suprise in his eyes as there were about 36 cases of 12 of just the wanderer. So at the show in Pasadena we introduced the Scorpion 4 and again he had that look in his eye, soon after the gentle lady was introduced and our volume slowly went down.
The SE 5 and Foker D-7 were created because the sales of the honker and honker bipe were almost at 0. Since we were tooled for the wings we wraped a diferent fusalege arround them. They flew pretty well but had a high take off and landing speed due to the thin airfoil and slightly high loading.
The fun scale kits with the line drawings on the lable were desigined by Jim Miester,Jemco. The kits were always produced by Marks but sold under the Jemco by Jim. When we purchased Jemco I flew the mustang and wanted to change some of the flying characteristics and structure. So the fun scale kits with the photo type lable were the new designs. My favorite models were the 60 size mustang and the 80 in Spitfire the were great to fly.

Again thanks to all this is fun.
Mark
Mark,

Interesting to read your comments about Carl Goldberg. The little bit that I was around the model kit business taught me that it's a pretty cut throat business with little that is sacred in terms of design rights.

What are you doing these days, Mark? Retired? Still flying R/C? Refining that hang glider design from 1972?

Doug