RCU Forums - View Single Post - VIPER TRIM ISSUE:
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 02:27 PM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VIPER TRIM ISSUE:

Your fix is simple.... I had a Viper with a terrible twisted wing last summer. To remove the required aileron trim I cut one side of the offending trailing edge loose and bent it/reglued into position to be straight - took three tries but the third time was perfect and I was carrying no aileron trim. Two incidence meters help diagnose where the twist is and what needs to be done.

For the elevator trim... if your tail is glued at zero... leave it alone!!! Shim the leading edge of the wing up until the elevator trim is neutral... makes a world of difference.

2-7/8 CG is a good staring place for that airfoil... I would make this adjustment first before any others as it will affect your elevator trim slightly.

Like the other guy said... lateral balance in the shop is just a quess. I put it close to neutral in the shop just because I know I will only need a few quarters at most on the wingtips or tail to achive an acceptable racing trim.Good luck!

dan

P.S - My Viper with the terrible twisted wing took fast time on the third heat of it's first race after being fixed! Not too shabby for what looked like a lemon! Flew great after fixing and trimming.