RCU Forums - View Single Post - Old Julian Airport Racing Results and Pictures!!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 PM
j.gibson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Julian Airport Racing Results and Pictures!!

Well, the inaugural Old Julian Airport race is history now,and several folks have given their account
of what a really good event it was. The race came off pretty much without a hitch. There were no
equipment problems, the light system at 1 was spot-on and they were easily seen even in the early
morning with the sun directly on them. Only a couple of heats had to be reflown. All in all, it was a very
well run event and the organizers are already working hard to make it an even bigger success in the fall.

An awful lot of work went in to putting this race on........a LOT of work. Below is a list of the people that
deserve a big "THANKYOU ALL FOR A JOB VERY WELL DONE".

C.D.&Starter ...............Jim Katz
Cut Judges...................Herman Smith , Steven Langlois, Joseph Langlois
#1 Light Operators........Lori Langlois, William Newlin, Amit Vera, Willis Mlo, Brian Pardue
Timers&Lap Counters....Paola Langlois, Berkley Trevino, Marco Trevino, Shane Adams

Also a very special thanks to the ladies that cooked ,cleaned , entered data and "bought red socks"!!!

Mabel Langlois, Betty Smith, Liz Katz, Phylis Phillips, Rebeca Newlin

Please forgive me if I have left anyone out. Once again, and I think I speak for everyone....
THANK YOU ALL VERY, VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!

In finishing, there is one last person that gets the biggest thanks of all. This is the guy that not only
had the vision to do this, but spent 2 years on the bulldozer,burned a "million" pounds of brush,planted grass,
cut grass and PAID for, a beautiful place his friends could come and participate in a very professionaly
run event.........................

THANK YOU...........MIKE LANGLOIS
John G.