RCU Forums - View Single Post - t-28-trojan
Thread: t-28-trojan
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 09:50 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: t-28-trojan

ORIGINAL: RedGN

The Parkzone Trojan looks like a good flyer..... however foam does loose it's shape with heat and being on one position for too long. It is easy to repair but i don't know how "tough" it is.

I just bought a balsa p-47 with a 39.5 inch wing span complete with brushless motor, folding prop, and retractable landing gear for $134. It's doesn't come with servos or an esc but I can get all the servos and esc for about $40 to $50.

Balsa planes fly better than foamies, They are more consistant than foamies ( meaning parts don't loosen up ). Balsa doesn't compress as easily as foam.

Sure balsa is harder to repair than foam but if you need to constantly repair your airplanes, I wouldn't buy balsa. If you can fly consistantly without crashing then balsa is the way to go.

Just my opinion....but it is a good one.
Have you flown the T-28? From your post I'm guessing not. The New foam panes are made of a denser dent resistant foam. I've watched 2 T-28's mid are and were repaired with 5 minute epoxy and back in the air in 30 minutes. At 179 PNP its great bang for the buck. While balsa is toughre foam is easier to repair. Mike