RCU Forums - View Single Post - ..::The Beater Builds Thread v2.0::..
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ..::The Beater Builds Thread v2.0::..

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

adapters. I cannot find any ones that make it stock width. The only ones I can find for the pede or rustler are the integy extended ones. Sooooo what I will be doing is. Taking my rear arms off of my rustler and putting some rears from a slash on it. This will make the offset able to use the FLM adapters and be equal. I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say. But the bottom line is you need 17mm adapters, and tires and rims of your choice. Personally, my lhs has some cheap 13 dollar tires and rims. I will be getting those and they are only like 26 bucks for a full set.
Traxxaspede, those will not work, those will actually change the width of his slash, will make the rear to narrow I believe.

What you need are those FLM ones for the slash, and you don't need to switch the arms or anything. There is a reason for them being extended, and that is because most 1/8 buggy wheels are zero offset, while standard Slash/Rusty/Pede wheels are usually 1/4 or 1/2 offset, so you need an extended adapter to make up for the lack of offset in the wheel. Trust me they will work, there are many people running those FLM extended 17mm adapters on their Slashes at the LHS, and they keep the Slash at its stock width. They are in stock at RC-Monster - http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=flm21100