RCU Forums - View Single Post - Non-pumped 2-stroke with tank at CG?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Non-pumped 2-stroke with tank at CG?

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

But then thats too much pumping for idle and mid range.
It has a pressure regulator, so that it will not pump as much at midrange and idle, however if too much pressure it will be too rich at midrange. You can adjust the pump down to about the same pressure as muffler pressure. That is if it works correctly, as I stated I suspect Conley has quality control issues.
I've been there. Done that. You're acting as if I didn't know how to adjust the stupid thing. Trust me, I've tried it a few dozen different ways on several (not just 2 or 3) engines. Never got one to work right. Tried plumbing tricks. Tried stiffer springs. Tried weaker springs. Tried check valves. Tried bypass T's. Tried glow plugs. Tried larger fuel tubing. Tried smaller fuel tubing. Tried this fuel. Tried THAT fuel. Tried several new tanks. Tried new O-rings in the carb. Tried all kinds of stupid stuff. Even tried turning the little thumb screw on top to "adjust the pressure"

I'm not an idiot. I like 2-strokes. As a matter of fact, thats ALL I fly. I don't own any 4-strokes. Don't like 4-strokes for my flying style. I've been working on 2-strokes since I was a 10yr old kid and I'm 37 now. I know EXACTLY how a 2-stroke works and I know how a carb works. I even know how to adjust a carb.

I'll be darned if I can make a Perry pump work correctly. Call me stupid, I guess.

Get the Cine and hook it up according to the directions. Go fly. It's worked on a half dozen motors for me so far. Never had a lick of trouble out of any Cline. I just install it, fuel the plane, flip it and smile.