RCU Forums - View Single Post - New JetJoe J-Junior 4lbs turbine
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 04:04 PM
knobby1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New JetJoe J-Junior 4lbs turbine

[/quote]
So your example is not a "production" item that is shipping to "regular" customers and has been modified by you? The 500+ minutes is actual run time or includes "on" time which can be vastly different?

Dave
[/quote]

Hi Dave,
You're quite right of course, yes, the JJJ engines I have are non-production items, but these modifications and tweaks do get back to the factory, "hopefully" they will be included in future production models, I liaise frequently with Jeff in this regard and he is one who actually listens to people such as myself who try to make these things run better, I'm a helicopter turbine technician by trade and this experience helps me and is the main reason I have the engines.

Indeed yes, the timer does start as soon as it's turned on, there's not much I can do about that, suffice to say I don't have it turned on unless it's ready to be run or I'm busy adjusting parameters. So a conservative run time would be something in the 75-80% range of actual run time I suspect, so something in the order of 390-400 mins actual run time on this particular engine.

All engines tested and run by myself are mounted on a test bed with independent EGT and thrust monitoring equipment similar to others I have seen, I have nothing to hide and see no reason to do so, the JJJ engine is what it is.....and a Lambert Kolibri, it isn't.

Cheers,
Smithy.