RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats bigger than the E-Flight 450 besides the 480?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats bigger than the E-Flight 450 besides the 480?

hey some good points there. Yeah looks like I need to get a watt meter to get some numbers. I will give that 11x5 a shot  and see what it reads and how it pulls. A lot has  changed since I first messed around with electrics in the late 80's early 90's. I love the power these things put out compared to the old 540 and 7.2 packs with the 100 lbs weight penalty. haha

Well as for my design on the ship. Trust me I have went through many trial and error with that thing until I found one that works. This is the final set up on the design that works. I have not flown this one yet due to trying to find motor setup and wind.  As for the test model it was just that, a plain white foam model with many crashes. It was a huge pain to find where to mount the motor, where to put the CG, and where to have the wings. After numerous attempts this was the final set up that worked. I almost bailed out on the project until made a miniature model to find the cg and wing set up. That worked and I copied to the full size and it flew. If it wasn't for the miniature I was about to give up and trash the idea that it was only made to fly in space .

As odd as it looks it flies Very well and easy. It does not require any speed at all to fly. Matter fact to land I point into a nose up in harrier and putt it to the ground. No stall characteristics, no wing tips stalls or wing rock it just flies. It flies like an over forgiving trainer but without the lift with air speed.

As much as I like these new motors I wish there was a common language for the size and types and specs. Seems each company is using their own terms and that has been a real pain. I will find something that works eventually.