RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant SuDoKhoi?
Thread: Giant SuDoKhoi?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 03:26 AM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My favorite fun fly

I built a Morris Giant Su-Do-Khoi a few years ago and it was my favorite fun-fly ever. I may build another. Flew it for a couple hundred flights I guess before losing it to a mid-air.

It takes a while to build - perhaps 100-200 hours? The fuse is like a truss (they call it a egg-crate design). there are lots of pieces. the wing is typical d-tube but with in internal cardboard tube to accept the dowel joiner. Each wing removes from the fuselage for transport.

I flew mine with a Moki 180 (2C glow engine). this has relatively good power to weight. you could also use a gas engine, but I think it will end up a little heavier. The plane hovers well, flat spins, flies low and slow. handles well in the wind.

I also had a similar plane from aeroworks - the extra 300L profile fun fly. i liked the su-do-khoi better.

I have the instruction manual in DOC format. send me your email address and I will send it to you. I also have the DF file of the plans. If you can read DXF file (you will need a CAD program like autocad), I can send this to you also. [email protected]