RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kinetic 50 compatibility
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 04:45 PM
rotordoc1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kinetic 50 compatibility

I agree, the Kinetic 50 is a great trainer 50...and can even get into some pretty good 3D. It is a good match for many of the Hawk items because it is made by Century for Helimax. It is basically a 50 sized Hawk Pro.

As for the slight play you now have in your washout...I would bet it is less then inmany other 50's when they are brand new. So unless you are into extreme precise 3D in close and low,You will find that eliminationg it will not make much difference.

There are manyupgrades that you can move to that may be more relevant. You did not specify the radio equipment you are using. I find spending money hereyields bigger dividents. (e.g. better servos orgyro or adding a governor or better blades).

But if you want toblingit,any bling that will fit the Hawk Pro will work on your Kinetic.

But if youare looking to do that, I would say you would be better served by selling your Kinetic to another fellow that wants a great trainer, and applying that money to thetop Century 50 now - their newly released NX50. This heli is not a 50 sized Hawk Pro, but more of a downsized version of their 90 sized Predator. Thedifference in what you would get for your K-50 andthe $300.00 cost of the NX50 will yield all the U/G's onewould probably look toput on a heli.

1 - CNC main rotor head block that also clamps the mainshaft at its' base.
2 - a heavy duty lybar control yoke
3 - a full metal CNC swashplate
4 - a better clutch bell
5- a G-10 mainframe
6- eCCPM control system
7- a great tail rotor system (the best I have ever seen)
8- G-10 3D fins
9- A super looking canopy
10 - a constant tail drive systems for aerobatic autos
11 - a CNC anti rotation guide

All for less money difference then what it would cost tojust add a few of these to your K-50