View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 PM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New, Old toy! Tamiya FOX

ORIGINAL: The_Stuff

lol nice job on the bid!

well its been fun today, suspension on the complete one is full of cracks, parts one is good cept 1 shock brace on lower arm, so i switched it all out, bearings are better, suspension is better, and the shafts on the old one were worn and grooved a bit.

got enough bushings for the fronts to have the proper amount now, but might need some bearings there later, i took the body top off the parts one and replaced it on the complete one, the radio antennae mount was broke on one side.

took pics of the insides to, was pretty much completely dust free! 2 servos in there, one for steering and one to control the old style speed controller! both are hi-tec as well as the receiver.

oh and the original rear assembly to was full of carpet fibers and that had siezed the bearings in it to. so i changed out the whole rear end assembly! much fun!

as for radio, i have a Traxass radio, reciever. do you guys think that would work? or would i have to bypass that second servo hooked to the old skool speed controller?
I think I know where a battery tray for the transmitter is. Let me do some looking, I think I know where you can get one.

-Disjaukifa