sd_raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spark F3A, from Krill Models - SPAIN TEAM

Here are a couple of pics of my setup with:

Neu 1515/3D 6.7:1 HD gearbox
CC HV-85 ESC
20x12E Mejzlik Prop
2 ea Flightpower EVO 5350 F3A batteries

This combo flies my 11.5 pound Extreme Flight Yak-54 twice through IMAC Sportsman routine with plenty of power and battery life to spare. So the same setup should fly the lighter and more aerodynamic Spark with no problems. The motor attached to the front firewall using a piece of 3/16 ply with 1/8 inch neoprene between the ply and the firewall. In the pic showing the back of the motor, the support in the rear is the optional Hacker motor mount from Krill with some wire hangers used as spacers until I find the right thickness neoprene to make spacers. The back mount is quite nice since it allows a good range of movement for possible thrust angle adjustment.

Hitec HS-7955TG for rudder and ailerons
Hitec HS-5245MG for elevators

I also have but did not install an MK elevator bellcrank. I left a servo pocket open behind the rudder servo if I ever decide to try that option. Also, rather than run two 3-wire servo leads to the rear, I made up a 4-wire cable terminated into two plugs at each end so that I can program the servos with the horizontal stabs installed to get the best possible matching. The 4-wire cable has two leads for power and one lead for the signal to each servo. Pull rigging uses crossed Kevlar lines, rather than straight like Flyboy91. This moves the exit from the fuse back about 2cm closer to the leading edge of the horizontal stabs.

JR R-2000 SPCM receiver
2s-1300 Fullymax LiPo with CC-BEC set for 6 volts

All up weight is right at 11.00 lbs. I can lose a couple of ounces by going to a smaller LiPo to feed the BEC, or by switching out the metal gear servos in the elevators for plastic geared servos, or by replacing the elevator servos with a single servo in the fuse coupled with the bellcrank. I could also use the Neu F3A motor or switch to another 1515/3D motor with the lighter 6.7:1 gearbox, which is now installed in the Yak.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66878.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	1213862   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42881.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	1213863