View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 08:37 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP290 vs. G260

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

if i were in your situation for a new engine , do what i have done . get a zenoah crankcase and put a raceported ESP 30.5cc with a 2mm stuffed stroker and an 813 carb and zero drag seals, its a killer topend and bottom end combo with heaps of power , ive done this to my FG MT and its screams it hits the high revs and powerband very quickly , actually i am very surprised and happy with it cos i run TS induction crankcases with the same topend kit in both my baja5b's cos i wanted to have the high performance rev range and it does that with the TS crankcases , but surprisingly it works as well nearly the same as a TS crankcases if you just get the zenoah crankcase with raceported ESP 30.5cc with a 2mm stuffed stroker and an 813 carb and zero drag seals ,
I've been meaning to find out at some point, what's the differenece between Race Ported and ESP modified?

I found out the hard way and here's your answer. A racer ported motor is when they port the motor for better fuel flow and ofcourse more power. This is done to the head and some work is slightly done to the crankcase as well. Now, modified by ESP is when he bores the head for it to be able to accept a 2MM stroke crank. So just because its modified, doesnt mean its ported, or the other way around. If you get a modified head, you will need a stroker crank. Right now ESP isnt offering any ported heads alone. The only way you can get a portedhead by him is the buy the entire motor done by him. If you look in the Dave site, you'll see headsthat say "ported/ESP modified. That means its ported inhouse by Daves people but the head is bored for the 2MM crank by ESP.

Iknow its a little confusing but I bought an ESP modified head and put it on my stock bottom. It ran like crap and I was wondering what all the hype about ESP was until I spoke to him directly and he explained what was the problem. I then bought a ported/modified 27.2 from ESP and realized what the hype was about.