RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plane goes right everytime I loop?????
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Plane goes right everytime I loop?????

Graham,

It could be a weak servo or I'm thinking more along the lines the right servo is moving a bit faster than the left one which or they are not set exactly equal all the way through the complete movement. Most people will only check neutral, full throw up and down, but never bother to check everywhere in between.

It's really easy to check

Get two spring type clothes pins and glue some very straight balsa sticks the them, about 18 inches long should do it for each one. Clip each one to each elevator half at the exact same point and turn everything on. Now line the sticks up so they meet behind the rudder and slowly move the elevators. The sticks will show you if the right is moving faster or more than the left.

I have seen servo reversers cause this issue as well where the one with the reverser on it is actually slower. If slower is the case, some radios allow you to slow down a given servo

Depending on your radio, you may be able to mix two elevator servos together on two different channels and remove the reverser if that appears to be the problem

If this was happening at the very top of the loop I would agree with a lateral balance issue

You could verify this to a point by simply doing a very small pull for the loop, basically a nice big gentle loop, and see if it goes away or is less. If it goes away or is less than it's certainly an elevator issue. The stick method is by far the best way