RCU Forums - View Single Post - SuperStar crash on water...mechanical failure???
Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 PM
cracker39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SuperStar crash on water...mechanical failure???

ORIGINAL: goirish

How did it balance. Looks tail heavy.
You are right, I rechecked the balance and found it to be a little tail heavy. I lightened the plane by several ounces by replacing the motor and battery with lighter ones. I pushed the lipo battery as far forward to the firewall and thought I had it balanced well enough. Upon checking it again yesterday, I found that it needed about 4 ounces addedat the firewall to get a correct CG balance. This morning, I melted down a 4 ounce fishing weight an poured the leadinto a mold to make a rectangular weight just wide enough to fit across the inside of the fuse at the firewall and about 1/8" thick. I secured it in place and now the CG balances correctly. I also tweaked my elevator and rudder servo linkages so that they are both in line with the centerlines of the plane with the stick trims atneutral positions.

With the firewall secured, the CG balanced, and controls lined up, I think it should be stable now. I'll give it another try, but will wait until I get my Optic 6 back from being repaired so I will have differental and dual throws to start off. I was using my JR 4-channel for my maiden flight.