RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ohio Dawn Patrol 2009
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 10:46 PM
WinterHawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ohio Dawn Patrol 2009

Evening, guys

Just back from up north after attending the Ron Busch Memorial in Menominee, MI - the Balsa USA Scale Warbird Classic Event. Got a chance to shake the cobwebs out of my olde Triplane, and start sorting out my Eastbourne Monoplane. Had a great time at our first Fly-In of the season, and now are VERY much looking forward to this year's ODP !!!!

Got a chance to see the completed DH-4, which Balsa USA introduced at Toledo. While we didn't get to see it fly (a wee bit too windy for a newish important prototype), we did see some photos on Dave Lewis's computer of it in the air, and it looks great. Dave and Mark Enderby both commented on how nice it also flies!! Hopefully we'll get a chance on seeing it in Ohio (I believe they're first going to be out at Warbirds over Delaware the week or so before ODP):

What's great about these events?

The people, the planes and in the case of the Ohio Dawn Patrol, the venue - I've heard nothing but compliments about the site - folks like the parklike setting a lot! Hopefully we'll have a good turnout this year - my entry is "in the mail" even as I type!!

And EVERYONE is very much looking forward to that huge Clydesdale the lads are building over on the Giant Scale Forum!!!:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8453895/tm.htm

Can't wait to see it in person!!!

'til later,

Lee McDuffee