RCU Forums - View Single Post - Breaking of Radian Prop Blades
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 02:08 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Breaking of Radian Prop Blades

ORIGINAL: flybaby4545

I called HorrizonHobby this morning and they said they are not awear of any problem with the props. I think more people need to call them to let them know about any problems they maybe be having with the props. There number is: 1 877 504 0233. I am not an expert and can not say what is going on with the props but until the problem is addressed I for one have stopped uesing the stock props. Horrizion is a great company and I know they will get to the bottom of this
My plane still flys but has so much glue holding it togeather I have to put weight in the tail to get COG and the nose is over 1/4 inch shorter than is was and is kind of mushy. I could just buy a new bare fuse and move on but I hate to see this plane get a blackeye and people stop buying it. I still love this plane and will wait for Horrizion to determine if there is a problem and what the fix will be.
Yesterday, the prop on my Radian broke on take off at around 100 feet from the ground. The out-of-balance condition caused the nose to tear off completely before I could stop the motor. The nose was hanging by the three wires from the motor and I was able to glide it in well since I still had control over the elevator and rudder. Later on located the canopy since it had fallen on a clean area in the field and was easy to see.

Horizon Hobby recommended I return the entire plane for evaluation which I did this morning. Hopefully, it will be replaced and I can then put a higher quality prop on it before flying it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53520.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1221062