RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 11:44 AM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

This engine may not be targeted to guys who simply want the cheapest thing going It is, however, targeted at me, and the price of $429 is quite good, considering it really doesn't cost must less to make this than a DA50, and it comes more complete than the DA does.

The businesses that survive poor economies are those with a unique value proposition. For some, it's price. Thank goodness that's only one form of value. Frankly, low price is the hardest business model to protect, since there will always be a cheaper guy around the corner. American products will not survive if we intend to compete on price. It's not practical given the standard of living we all want. We want to live in nice houses and have nice cars, but pay cheap prices. There will be many, many other retailers besides WalMart who survive. I don't expect to see decent quality shoes or business clothes at WalMart any time soon. Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Ferrari, BMW, Harley Davidson have all survived historically poor economies. But admittedly, those products are not intended for everyone.

America must compete on technology, as the Germans and others have done successfully for years. For America to survive as a manufacturer, the value proposition must be performance, quality, service, or something else besides price. I'm truly glad that Todd is aimed at producing a unique small gas engine with the best power to weight ratio, with excellent quality components, rather than chasing the the cheapest product possible.