RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Syssa Aircraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Thanks for the advice skypilot..we do have quite a decent test stand...complete with linear bearings, voltage and current measuring on the ignition system and just about everything else you would need for an engine.  A majority of the testing is done in an airplane...as the loads are much greater and there is so much more to be learned in the air.  Not too many people realize the loads you can generate in a capable 3D model on the crankshaft bearings as compared to running on a static mount.

Also, any thrust figures that you will ever see with us will be from a typical airplane restrained on the ground with a digital gauge...a test stand is cheating a bit as it has less frontal area and gives slightly higher numbers.

If any of you are in CT and want to see a demo...give me an email or call...I'm usually flying on the weekends at some point at the field in Farmington.  It's the CCRCC.  

Nosedragger...that is why it will be tough for us to sell through distributors...the margin is not high and we would like to deal directly with the customers to give them the best possible advice and convey the most value. 

If we do sell through distributors...it will be quite controlled.  When someone puts an engine of ours in their plane...they want advice as well as a great product...and I have to know they are getting the best possible advice on props, what they want out of the plane, etc.  We know exactly the performance of the engine, how it should be setup and can answer any questions people may have. 

Helping people decide on certain things is very important and can make or break an airplane (literally).  Ultimately it's our engine in the plane and I just want to make sure everything possible is done so that the installation should go smoothly and the person should be nothing less than thrilled with the end result.  Over the last 3 years I have been actively flying...I have seen some planes that could fly so much better by simply changing the prop size.