RCU Forums - View Single Post - ENGINE SEALANT
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ENGINE SEALANT

Just so you guys know, your not the first people to doupt me when I say RTV is not nitro proof, a few other have done the test using the copper RTV to find i was telling the truth....... And quite honestly do you guys truly feel you know as much about these engines as i do ? I seriously doupt it, call me ignorant for saying that, but I am very very confident I have alot more experience with these engines...and if you guys had the same experience you would already know RTV is not nitro proof......Its nothing personal to say that either, but i have been running nitro since 1984 and currently have a successful engine modding business with pro level racers doing extremely well on the national circuit...... I spend about 50 hours a week modding, testing and tuning nitro engines, my interest in it is much deeper then just a causal hobbyist...

As i say i am going to buy a tube of copper RTV and do a test just to show how poorly the copper RTV holds up when in full contact with nitro....As I say contact any engine modder or even permatex themselves and they will also tell you the same thing I am.....I have already said you can use RTV to seal these engines, but its is only nitro resistant at best, 1211 is truly nitro proof... if you guys choose to use a lesser product it makes no difference to me, myself i prefer to use only the best ..... I have no issue that you choose to use RTV, i do have a issue when i get called a liar and stupid for saying something i already know is true.....