RCU Forums - View Single Post - Meister 1/5 scale P-47
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Limey
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Meister 1/5 scale P-47

If you need anything for these aircraft contact Dean at Meister-Scale.com.Right now,fully loaded,we are at 36 lbs.All we hav left is paint. I use large battery packs and mount them way up front,like where the carb is for your 3W.I built the tail really light.I didn't use a retractable tail wheel and have added no weight up front.I cheated just a little and moved the firewall 3/4 in. forward.I woul rather build in extra strength up front than add weight.My other Meister(a green razor back [Cherry Mary]) came in at 42 lbs(not built by me)and flys great.I flew it at "Wabirds over the Rockies" in 07 and thought the altitude would be a problem,but because of the flyability of the plane(flat bottom wing etc.) had no trouble at all.Because of the size of this plane,the placement of radio gear,batteries,servos,etc. is truly up to the builder.Thats why I love the thing.Will send pics as soon as I conquer the tech involved.By the way,Idont think there is another warbird out there that will fly as slow with everything hanging out as this one will.Later.