View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:48 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Meister 1/5 scale P-47

ORIGINAL: tempestmk5

Cherry Mary has the same Brison 5.8.26-10 prop. The foam sounds interesting.I thought it might be heavy and hard to remove in the event of a repair.We made the landing gear plate larger to absorb the shock of hard landings.Holding the sheeting with stretch wrap is a good idea.On another aircrft we made the mistake of holding the sheeting with hand pressure or weight.this rolled the washout right out of the wing.We also make doublers for the ribs around the l.g. bay.By the way,you guys talk about the nominal money involved,I bought Cherry Mary damaged from being blown out of a storage shed during a hurricane for small money,and the new one was given to me for nothing.I truly believed in Top Flite P 47's with G 62's,but the presence the Meister has and the gentle flying convinced me to step up.Take care.
Thanks for the info tempestmk5. You must feel very 'gifted' with your Meisters.

The foam weighs nothing, and I have never had to repair an area backed up by it, so in that I can't say. Damage that bad would be severe indeed. Foam safe CA, epoxy, even Titebond, all stick to it though. I built a Balsa USA Enforcer years ago and used it in almost the whole built-up wing. I could almost stand on it, it was so strong. Sold it long ago, but I suspect it still exists. The pilot was a Ken doll from Walmart.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40821.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1226803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65612.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1226804