RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt ARF .60-.91: Building & Mods
Old 06-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt ARF .60-.91: Building & Mods

Corsair Jock,
I've posted this in the other thread but think this would be a good spot for it. I did cut the hatch out to make mine electric. The top sheeting and stringers are not cut out for you. They build the hatch then run the stringers and sheeting right over it, then cover it. This makes it pretty tough to find it. What I did was use a set of hemostats and stick pins from the inside where I needed to cut. Then I used my xacto to get between the former of the fuse and the hatch. Once I found that I used the xacto saw to do the rest.I peeled the covering off the top also so I could wrap it into the bay and around the hatch edges. I have covering on the way.
So it is a delicate process but if you take your time it's not too bad... I'll clean mine up a bit and cover it. Two 4s 5000 mah Thunder Power Pro Power 30c packs will fit nice. Make sure that any packs you plan on using are not bigger than 1 5/8 thick(height), if they are they will not fit on the top shelf. If you want to use a fatter pack or a single 6s you will need to remove the top shelf with a dremel and install the pack deeper in the fuse... so it can be done but will take more work. Two 3s 5000 would fit real well on the top shelf... just check your height of the pack if you plan on using the top shelf for you packs it can't be thicker than 1 5/8 and that is a tight fit... and would take a small amount of dremel work to slip in and out nice

Here are a few pics of the hatch cut out after... I'll post more once the covering shows up and I finish it up.

Thanks
Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11221.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1226843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80232.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1226844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76067.jpg