RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help on choosing a 1/8 Nitro Buggy
Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 AM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help on choosing a 1/8 Nitro Buggy

ORIGINAL: King.Cong.1119

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

That Caster looks good for $275. But admit it vnmsgt, the more people buy from your site, the more money you make. So your wallet has something to do with your opinion.
So i think i have three choices right now after all these discussion.

OFNA
Hyper7 PBS RTR Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â $399
Hyper 8.5x RTRÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â $389
Jammin X-1X CR RTRÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â $334
Hyper7 Black Edition                  $299

And whats the different between Jammin X-1X CR and Jammin X1 since X1 costs 469 and X-1X CR only costs 334.
Which one you think is better to have?
I think the cheaper the better since i am not going to race anyone, just playing around and hope it lasts long.
maybe sometime playing on the track but not racing
The Jammin X1 RTR is an RTR (Ready to run, comes with engine and electrics), The Jammin X1X CR is a pro kit buggy (no engine or electronics).

Myself, I have the XTM XT2 RTR (1st buggy ever, learned a lot with it), the Kyosho MP7.5 Kanai III, the Hyper 8.5 Pro Kit and my last one (and my current racer) the Jammin X1X Team Pro Kit with upgrades that almost bring it up to X2 version.

Out of all those, I can quite easily hand on heart tell you I prefer the Jammin X1X. It's my racer, it drives fantastic, it has massive big bore shocks that come stock, lots of carbon, it's light, there are tons of upgrades on the market for it....and....I've never broken a thing on it. The guy who sold it to me can't stop complaining about the fact he makes NO money on spares 'cause they don't break. The only things I've ever bought from him are upgrades and consumables.

If you're asking for an opinion about which one to get, and you don't plan on racing but want the ability to upgrade later, I suggest the Jammin X1 RTR. If you have a bit more coin to drop, get the Pro Kit and put whatever mill and tronics you want in there.

Good luck, but most of all, whatever you decide on....HAVE FUN.