RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rhino Lipos
Thread: Rhino Lipos
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:45 AM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Rhino Lipos

ORIGINAL: mups53

My experience with the Rhino's is very positive. They are pure power! At $69 a pack! You kidding me???
My friend bought 7 packs Rhino sets for both he and his dad and they are perfect so far. The weight is a little heavy at about 45 to 46 ounces for the 10S 2 packs in series setup. For me it puts both of my planes overweight by a smidge. OK for anything but the Nats.
I just bought two new Zippy Flightmax 5000 15C packs. Should be at the house today! They seem to have all the things I'm looking for Cheap at about $85 a pack and still light at about 41.5 to 42 ounces all up. That's the perfect combo for my setup which is either an AXI F3A or the Pletty Evo 30 both with the YGE 80 Amp controller.
I did some testing over the weekend and I found the Rhino's hold there power / voltage at WOT better than some of my other packs.
Now the kicker from some of the observations that we have been seeing locally is the better Lipo's seemingly have caused some of our setups to screech worse that in the past with the weaker lipo's. We've had to in many cases limit the ATV's to stop it from happening.
As Rosanne Rosanne Adanna would Say ''It's always something''!
M2
Mike, what kind of IRs are you seeing?

Jim