RCU Forums - View Single Post - Neu Drag cars
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:02 AM
snellemin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Neu Drag cars

Neu does make a 9900kv 1506 motor.

I use Neus in my other cars. I don't use them in my 1/10 dragsters. 1/10 two pole motors produce more rpms then the 4 pole counterpart, unless it's the kevlar wrapped Plettenbergs. Now if you had a 4WD/AWD dragster, a 4 pole motor will work for you.
Everybody uses mamba's as they are popular and warranty issues are easy taken care off. A Qaurk for example will produce more power then a Mamba Max, but getting one and getting it warrantied is a pita. A tekin ESC is very smooth for dragracing as well and the RX8 ESC is an animal. I have a LT ESC that produces more power then a MM and is on par with a Qaurk. If you do decide to give the Neu motor a try, use 15 degrees of timing for dragracing with a max of 18 degrees if your system can handle it. Use a Y wind motor to take advantage of the timing increase. BTW, I found that a the B50, C40 and C50 Hacker motors spool up the quickest compared to other motors, but are not popular in the dragracing crowd. I'm guessing many are not willing to invest to try something new.

For max power use additional capacitors to reduce ripple currents, and/or when long power wires are used. It's best to use parallel lipo battery packs to reduce resistance and that is one the reasons 40C Thunderpower batts produce the most power.