RCU Forums - View Single Post - Helllooo?
Thread: Helllooo?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 PM
lawnhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helllooo?

Nobody flies Century copters anymore? Geesh the last post was almost a month ago.

They sure have been good aircraft to me, maybe there are no posts here because they're good aircraft to everyone? Would sure like to read some updated (this year) experiences, good or bad.

Guess I'll start.

My second copter is a Hawk Pro, who made her maiden voyage this year. I don't know if I flooded it, or over-tightened the fan, but the fan all but disintegrated on the second attempt to start the engine. I found this odd since I had ran more than 20 gallons through my Hawk Sport and never broke any plastic parts, only wore them out.

So I ordered and installed Century's latest Alu-minium fan with the one-way bearing. I have never liked this procedure. I always have these horrible visions of going through all this trouble; installing the fan, re-assembling; I am always completely paranoid that the starter will spin it right off...

Well, I am quite pleased with the results. I used only blue thread lock. I started my 3rd gallon on this engine and all has held up QUITE well. The aluminum fan I now consider a must-have upgrade. Of course I had to buy the round shaft but it was well worth it.

Well that's my twitter for now. Had a great flying day here in IL today. Hope to see a little action in this forum soon.