RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt ARF .60-.91: Building & Mods
Old 07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt ARF .60-.91: Building & Mods

ORIGINAL: Ron101
.......................I'm thinking maybe use two micro servos.. one for each side... then I can have two shots.......................Ron
Actually, I have been considering that also, and still have that option. BUT, I wonder if the full scales did that (dropped them on seperate passes), because these pylons are kinda far away from the aircraft centerline, so I'm wondering how well they handled with a 500 lb bomb on 1 wing, but not the other?

I have a pair of these mounted on a Top Flite Corsair (F4U-1D), BUT those pylons are inboard of the main gear/ much closer to the centerline than on a P-47.
Picture is of it carring a pair of Wing Mfg. 'fuel tanks', with the Vortac release clips installed on them (yes: they are droppable). Sorry for poor picture quality, it was late in day.

Both units are operated from same servo, BUT like my P-47 installation: fishing line is used, so they are strictly 'pull to drop', so servo pulls one way, then the other way to drop the other 'payload'. That said: they CANNOT be dropped simultaneously.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81453.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1233315