RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new H9 Sukhoi gets a BME!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new H9 Sukhoi gets a BME!

I am facing similar issues.

I did send the engine to BME for a checkup and also had them install a 6 bolt prop hub, like on the DA and 3W.

I also replaced the CH ignition with a new RCXL one and changed the plugs to CM-6. I get now a very relaible spark and the engine starts easy.

To resolve the inconsistent RPM in flying, I added a carb plate and it has resolved most of the issues - not the burbling at 1/3 throttle.

For someone used to DAs, this has been a learning. The power band seems to be quite flat (compared to a DA) and the engine develops power around 2/3 throttle mostly. I have played with the needles for a long time and it seems to be fairly stable right now, although it runs fairly hot (compared to a DA).

Power is a bit of a diappointment, as I can get at most 6K on a 26x10. A DA-100 will provide reliably 6.3K on a 28x10 and the DA-85 will provide 6.4K on a 27x10 (all Mejzlik) with a lot of vibration.

ORIGINAL: erwin peters

Hi bme 102 owners, I have being running my bme 102 engine these two pass months. I have baffled the carb. Using 26-10 wood Xoar and getting about 6100rpm (sea level with 85 oct gas). The engine is about 10-15 gallons old. I allready changed the inside carb filter.

The engine has being running ok except that every time I just inverted the plane it made “one cough'' or quick intermittence, but just for one second and then it keeps run good in inverted flight. The engine is ok for hovering, or climbing, is just when I inverted the plane. I had The needless: Low 3/4 open and the High 1 1/4 Open.

I talked to Tom at BME and he suggested than the needless were to lean and to recalibrated them again but no to go further in for L 1 1/4 and the High 1 1/2. I calibrated the engine this Saturday ending with : L 1 1/16, and H 1 1/2. the engine improved, the inverted plane engine intermittence cough lower.

Generally the engine runs ok but something that I keep having is that when flying, the low idle is ok but when I am flying slowly about 20-30% of throttle the engine burble.

What are your experience and what is your usually setting for the needless ?? are you at sea level?
When the plane is climbing and the engine makes one intermittence what this mean , what needle should I moved, in or out?

Thanks in advance for your time and opinions and tips.

Regards

Erwin Peters