RCU Forums - View Single Post - GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:39 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

Hi Blueagle
Congrats on your build, I thought that Hooter would be the first on the water with one of Marks Hulls, but you pipped him.

Thank you for purchasing a YPC2009 pipe. I was most impressed yesterday whilst having my first opportunity of running a stock Zenoah with a YPC2009 up against a CC motor married to a custom made Quick draw pipe, of Capetown73 and have to report that you could not tell us apart on the water.
Cape Town 73, a very good friend of mine, took 1st for the day, his first run and race with the boat and I settled for the 2nd, it was a great day.

I have attached a picture to advise you to fit a simple bracket to your pipe as the overall vibration and resonance is proving to much for the single mount bracket.
Please fit it ASAP

I have seen in the past that the longer the hull, the more necessary it is to get good weight in the nose due to the simple mathematics of the total lift leverage generated in canopy.
try and get as much as you can in the nose, as in the radio box/battery and then pull a 1000ml IV bag into the nose and start of with at least 500ml of water in it.
Weight is not as big a factor with the Gas motors as it is with Nitro and therefore a well balanced heavy boat will far outperform a light unbalanced boat.

Regards
Dominic
YPC
Youngz Performance Craft
Cape Town
South Africa

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27359.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1248352