RCU Forums - View Single Post - DL 50 low compressions, low power, bad idle
Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DL 50 low compressions, low power, bad idle

Make sure everything is super clean and assemble it with a little of your 2 stroke oil that you put in your gas.

Although I do run a couple tanks on the ground or stand before I fly an engine a complete break in process is much to long (several hours) to do on the ground, it would require near constant attention of varying the load, RPM, monitoring temperature, and starting and stopping, etc. It's much less tedious to do in the air flying your plane, trust me, and your neighbors will thank you.

You don't need or even want to just putt around the pattern at 1/2 throttle, fly the plane as you normaly would except; don't lift off, point the nose straight up and climb at full throttle for 2000 feet, hovering is ok for very short periods (10-15 secs., that's all I can do anyway), severly limit or eliminate maneuvers that incorperate full or nearly full throttle with little to no airspeed like waterfalls or flatspins, they can heat an engine up very fast. Fly around and practice some basic IMAC sequences, or practice some gracefull slow rolls and large loops, perfect figure 8s, that kind of flying can be very challenging.

Go through about 5 gallons or so like this and then let it rip.